Tec Petaja Photo
Michelle March Photography
Amy Carroll Photography
EE Berger Photography
Cherry Basket Farm is a restored 120-year-old farm just north of the historic village of Omena in Leelanau County, Michigan. The barn wedding venue & farm is located on M-22 between Suttons Bay and Northport, approximately 30 minutes north of Traverse City. Mature hardwoods, cherry orchards, and farmland surround the farm. This rustic wedding venue in a rural and sophisticated setting is ideal for weddings, private parties or corporate events of up to 225 guests.
Our 10-acre farm offers a restored farmhouse, gambrel roofed two story timber framed barn, state of the art commissary of Epicure Catering, gardens, handicapped-accessible restrooms, and on-site parking.
The farmhouse and “love shack” are available for day use as dressing areas on event day. Two grassy areas provide ample room for yard games, tents and guest mingling, as well as providing a variety of event set-up options. This property is also the home of Epicure Catering, LLC.
Rental of Cherry Basket Farm is available only with the provision of catering services by Epicure Catering, LLC. No other caterer or foodservice provider, including self-service, is permitted.
For details on rentals, scheduling availability and further description of our barn wedding venue and services, please contact us.
Click here to read more about the history of Cherry Basket Farm.
The gable roofed "lower barn" was built in 1890, and is open on both ends. During events it serves as a bar/cocktail lounge as well as a breezeway between the tent and the main farmyard. The upper, gambrel-roofed portion of the barn was added around 1910, and is used for the dancing and dessert portion of the evening. The doors face the main farmyard on this level, which is also used for the ceremony in inclement weather.
The tent is used for dining, and has 360 degree views of orchards and farmyard. The adjacent lower barn is set up as a cocktail/bar area, and acts as a breezeway between the tent and the farmyard. The tent has removable sides and dimmable lighting, and seating can be set up in a number of configurations.
Primarily used for storage by the staff, this building is not used for events, but still ads to the overall nostalgia of the grounds.
This building was the original farm stand for the property, and is used as a second dressing area for the wedding party.
The original farmhouse for the property, built in 1890, is used as the primary dressing area for the wedding party.
The site most frequently used for the ceremony is adjacent to the house, allowing for easy access to the aisle. Old growth hardwoods and a lush lawn combine to create a "green cathedral" atmosphere. The upper barn is used as an alternate ceremony location in inclement weather.
Originally a hog barn built in 1885, this is now the home of the state-of-the-art commissary of Epicure Catering.