Leelanau bike advocacy group hosts first tour in series of Taste of Leelanau County Bike Tours; begins with Spoke N’ Fork – A Farm to Table Bike Tour on May 19.
the renowned chef team of Epicure Catering. Epicure Catering specializes in farm to table food, and is
celebrating its 15th season of serving locally sourced, seasonally crafted, and artisanal fare. Guests will
enjoy a farm tour followed by a three course meal pared with a custom cocktail and locally derived wine.
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
Start Time: 10:00 AM, Please arrive at 9:30 AM to check in
End Time: Tour will return to Cherry Basket Farm at 4:00 PM, and guests will enjoy dinner at 5:00 PM.
Location: Meet at Cherry Basket Farm, 5530 N West Bay Shore Dr, Omena, MI 49674.
Parking: Parking is available off of Omena Point Road. Tour participants should turn right (east) onto Omena Point Road from West Bay Shore Drive, and will see signs for parking in the field on the left hand side of the road (north) less than 1/4 mile from the turn. A trail will lead tour participants up to the barn area.
- Cost – $200 per person – includes tour and wine tasting at 45 North, sandwich lunch from MI Market, tour and bread tasting at 9 Bean Rows, and tour and cider tasting at Tandem Cider,. Appetizers, dinner, and dessert prepared by Epicure Catering. One (1) custom cocktail from Northern Latitudes Distillery and one (1) glass of house wine per guest.
- Riders should indicate if they have any food allergies on their reservation. We are able to accommodate gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian food preferences.
- The trip length is 20 miles over mostly rolling, paved roads. Riders should be comfortable and familiar with appropriate road riding rules.
- Riders should be experienced and able to cover the 20 mile round trip distance comfortably with regular stops
- Please bring your own bike! We recommend a spring tune-up before riding. Rental bikes may be arranged through Suttons Bay Bikes. The cost are $36 for a hybrid bike or $55 for a carbon road bike and this includes a helmet. Bike rentals can be reserved online at www.suttonsbaybikes.com/bike-rentals. If guests would like their rental bikes to be delivered to the tour site, please email us after you make your reservation to set this up.
- Event attendees should be 21 years of age or older
- The tour is subject to route changes. The ride will go out rain or shine, however if there is severe weather including thunder and lightening, we will ask participants to shuttle to each stop, and the tour will begin at 12:00 PM at 45 North Vineyard and Winery.
- Riders should bring water bottles and warm layers
- Additional snacks and beverages are available for purchase at each stop
Tell your friends! Due to minimum participant requirements, 14 tickets MUST be sold before May 10th for the tour to go on as scheduled. Full payment is required upon booking. All ticket sales are non-refundable. Tour participants will be notified on May 6, 2018 if the tour has been fully booked. If the tour does not book, registered participants will receive a full refund.